January Python Pune Meetup 2016
Python Pune meetup have orgnaized a workshop on Python3 on 23rd Jan, 2016 at Red Hat, Pune (India) Office. It was basically aimed for the newbies who want to learn the Python and also for those who wanted to learn the differences between Python2 and Python3.
- Learn basics of Python and write some usefull code. Topics covered are :
- Variable and Data types
- Operators and expressions
- Control flows
- Data structures
- File Operations
Kushal Das explained :
- Why Free and OpenSource ?
- Open Source Projects in Python
- What is Python? How to get started with Pyhton?
- Basic programming concepts in Python
- Variables,list,dictionaries in Python
- List comprehension and Genarators in Python
- Python2 and Python3 differences
- File handling in Python
- Python Modules
- Python IDEs, How to use and get help in Python interpreter?
He also suggested attendees to start using Linux as their primary Operating Systems, and to start using the irc for raising any queries they face, on particular irc channels.
Here are few references to start learning Python :
Reference for using irc :
Sayan took some hands-on with Python3.He gave some problems to solve like :
- ls cmd program in Python
- Fizz-Buzz program
- Get username and password using python modules and few more..
Finally some F23 dvds were distributed to the attendees and further disscussion for the next meetup was carried on. It was the first meetup for the year 2016 and was concluded with very good feed back from attendees.
Thank you Red Hat for supporting us with orgainzing such an awsome event!