October Python Pune Meetup 2015
Chandan Kumar talked about “Read other’s code”. He explained:
- Why to read others code?
- How to start reading code of a good project?
- Build and Run the project
- Explore the module used
- Use debugger to understand the code flow
- Draw flow-chart
- Comment or write docstrings for the methods
- Enhance test coverage to understand how methods are used
- Use search tool to find more about the modules and methods used
- Clean up the code using pep8, pylint or flake8 to improve the code.
Here is the slide link to Read others code.
Praveen Kumar talked about “PDB - Life Saver”. He covered:
- What is Debugger?
- Why pdb?
- Old way of debugging using print statement
- How to use pdb or ipdb to debug your code?
Here is the slide link to PDB - Life Saver.
Sourav Singh talked about “Galaxy for Genomic Data Science”. He talked about:
- What is Galaxy?
- How to start working on galaxy to generate data sets
- How to store research work-flow
- Run galaxy locally
- Run galaxy on Cloud
Slides link to Galaxy for Genomic Data Science.
And Abhijeet Kasurde talked about “how to contribute to Virt-Manager”. He explained:
- What is virt-manager?
- How to build and install virt-manager?
- Where to find code and find a bug to start contribution
- How to debug the code and send your first pull request
- Communication channel to use and how to report Bug.
Slides link to How to contribute to Virt-Manager.
As a part of Module of the Month, Suraj talked about flake8 module, and how it different from pep8 and pylint.
Finally, the meetup ended with a good feedback. Thanks to Red Hat and speakers for supporting us in organizing meetup.